Welcome to WhyNotCuba’s Saturday weekly roundup, where we share newest things about Cuba we found this week.
If you want more content like this, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Best links we found this week:
- What to see of Hemingway’s Havana– Daniel from Locally Sourced Havana tours tells us how we can follow in Ernest Hemingways footsteps around Havana. Hemingway wrote many of his award winning novels while living in Cuba and you can visit both his estate and the bar where he drank his favourite cocktails.
- Where and how to get your hair done in Havana – Isabelle writes about the whole day affair of visiting a hair salon in Havana. Starting with the adventure of finding private hairdressers which are often located in someone’s house, through to the advantages of getting a $400 hair styling for only $25.
- Delightful breakfast at Belview Art Cafe – Cigar aficionado James Suckling tells us about a new hidden breakfast spot in El Vedado channelling Berlin vibes. A good brunch location, specially if you’re craving good bread.
- Finding the best ice cream in Havana – While most people in Europe and the US are getting to grips with the nearing winter, Daniela Corona tells us where we can get the best ice cream in Havana. Ideal if you want to battle the heat of the tropical sun.
- Seafood in Havana: Casa Mia Paladar (Spanish) – The Havana food app A la Mesa reviews Casa Mia Paladar, a highly rated seafood restaurant with excellent service, right next to the Malecon.
Thats it for this week!