Welcome to WhyNotCuba’s Sunday monthly roundup, where we share all the news things about Cuba this month.
If you want more content like this, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- A tornado hit Havana this month, injuring hundreds and killing at least three. Read more about how you can help. We recommend donating to Unidas through Cuba One. Find out more here.
- Place recommendation: if you are ever in Old Havana at 3 am and looking for a place to party, look no further than the Conga Room.
- Sube is the Cuban Uber. Doesn’t quite work perfectly, but it is much better than the alternative (nothing). The coders make no money off it and sit around making it in a wifi park.
- Donald Trump’s Cuba policies are hurting private businesses. Although in theory designed to keep American money away from the Cuban military, in practice it has done the opposite. By promoting cruise ship tourism, the owners of casa particulares are getting a lot less customers.
- Real Madrid will play in Havana. Exactly when it isn’t clear, but rumors are the game will happen in August of this year.