Welcome to WhyNotCuba’s monthly roundup, where we share all the news things about Cuba last month.
If you want more content like this, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Bitcoin in Cuba is having a moment: donations to the victims of last month’s tornado were confiscated due to the US government sanctions. That’s not a problem for Bitcoin! Moreover, Cuba’s first bitcoin market has opened and even some Cuban taxis are taking bitcoin.
- February was the month of the Cuban referendum on the new constitution.
- Famous Cuban Author Leonardo Padura complains that his books are too hard to find in Cuba. For more “banned” books read our guide on the best books to read before visiting Cuba!
- The US embargo on Cuba is growing stronger. Although the aim is to limit the power of the Cuban government, there is evidence that Cuban small private business owners are being affected.
- Our most popular article this month: